Monday, September 19, 2011

Projects due this Week!




My biomorphic wire sculpting project is a success. I call it "old gnarly" because of the way the wires are twisted around. The professor gave me a lot of guidance. I appreciate his help, after all, he is there to educate me. Some of the other students don't really understand that point.

Old gnarly has three points of interest, which is a rule in design. Three things work well. gnarly has the upwards movement and the base,(pseudotail) and the hole. My daughter sees an embryo. I think the missile part is almost phallic.--move over Georgia O'Keefe!

In design I expounded on the rose motif. I think designs should have a motif and there are enough different shapes in the rose plant to work. This is the project just about finished. I know that there will be some strong criticism. I am not the greatest final project drawing expert. I am much more proficient at sketching.

In intro to drawing we are finishing a still life that's goal is to teach us line.

No comments:

Post a Comment