Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sculpting Class- Beginning the Planar View





Posted by Picasa



We are going to do a bust, or sculpt a head. For starters we have copied the plaster one in the center--we have to make a planer view first- which is a depiction of the angles of the face- this will be on one side. The other side will be musculature. Then in November we shall get our human model and build onto it into the model's likeness.

I just realized--I have not shared with my readers anything about my professors. I have Professor Fox for design and Professor Naegel for Sculpting and Foundation Drawing. Both are very good instructors- offering suggestions and guidance. Professor Naegel has to repeat himself many times to the students. "Do you have a ruler? Have you bought your supplies? No eating in class. Listen, everyone--you have to do your homework. I am expecting you to hand in your assignments." Prof. Naegel is a potter also. He teaches ceramics- which I am hoping to take in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment