Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Accepted into Windows!

A few blogs back, I whined about not winning an award at the Student Art Show.It was an honor to even get into the show.  My petulance was pure silliness.  I have not taken many art classes.  The few I have taken prior to my experience at FLCC lasted an afternoon or two.  My mother was an artist, so anything I might know is from having been exposed to her.  One of my major  flaws in my execution and technique is the failure to have enough contrast in my work.  I am always being told to add value to my projects.  I find it interesting, when I looked through my mother's work, that she was also very light on the use of contrast.  I don't know if it is a hesitancy to commit that might be circling in my (our) minds?  I know that prior to final submission of my charcoal project I darkened the darker values in a big way.  I did get an A- in my Foundation II class, which I am quite happy with.  Oh, yes, I would like an A, but only if my work is A quality.  It is not there yet. Hopefully next semester.  I did get an A in design!!!

FLCC has an annual publication called Windows.  It is a collection of work that is chosen to be put in a soft cover book.  This was the first year it was published in color.  I submitted a few things.  I was aware that my fellow students were very impressed with my Mother Teresa rendition, so I submitted it.  It is a collage from newspaper and magazine snippets.  When making this type of project you match a photo with the paper, section by section.  I was guided by the contrast already present on the photo.  The Mother Teresa was a design project from last fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment