Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Generations Captivated by Chickens

When I was 13 my parents decided to build a house in the country.  My mother designed a one story hacienda which was built on a drumlin over looking a wooded valley.  June embraced the country life with many projects, one of which was raising farm animals.  Tending to a flock of chickens was one of the first endeavors she approached.  I was involved with their care, of course!  After I married my diary farmer boyfriend, he and I also raised chickens.  I now have two grown children, one with her own family established and another just embarking into the world of being a "little farm family!"  Chickens are a part of my children and grand children's lives.

My mother appreciated chickens very much.  Her favorite thing about them was their movements.  She would sketch them.  I dedicated the design project I will share with you to my grand- kids, but it probably should have been dedicated to June.  I attempted to capture their character, but I am not yet as skilled  as my mother was!



















No comments:

Post a Comment