Friday, November 23, 2012

The Self Portrait In Oil

 This is the professor's example of her "self".  This was a demo of a "couch" procedure.



People told me this was not that good--charcoal on canvas preliminary drawing.


Nobody liked this one either- This is an imprimatura- as I did not understand the "couch" procedure.


This is the second attempt at the charcoal preliminary drawing, which is sprayed with fixative, prior to the green earth painting.


My attempt at a couch.


Coming along..many say it is not really a good likeness.  We are still using a limited palate.  Five additional colors, to the four we had for the last project.


I will finish the clothing, and take away the top of the eyebrows and possibly darken the white of the left eye.


My instructor helped change the complexion to be less like a zombie and I was also told to warm up my hair and soften the edges of my bangs.  I changed the background color.  Finished!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment